While we’ve posted an article of dates for many of the smaller caravan, outdoor and boating shows for 2021, we can now reveal information on the biggest boat shows for 2021. On 21 January, the Boating Industry of Australia released news of their initial plans to host both the Sydney and Brisbane boat shows in a COVID-safe way. President of the BIA, Darren Vaux, said that after the hard decisions made in 2020, the organisation was in a strong position for the recovery stages following the pandemic, in 2021.
Mr Vaux said that the public had embraced boating and retail sales across the marine industry was strong. The decision to start planning for the 2021 boat shows confidently was strengthened by seeing how other large sporting events as well as large-scale exhibitions and shows had been delivered in a COVID-safe manner.
The Sydney and Brisbane shows, in fact the entire boating events calendar for 2021 will look and feel different but great to see, at least at this stage, it will be proceeding.
The BIA has announced that the Sydney Boat Show will be hosted from 29 July 2021 at the show’s long-time home at Darling Harbour. The Brisbane show will be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from 20 August 2021. The organisation flagged that both shows will have a new format and operate under COVID-safe regulations which will include contact tracing processes.
Mr Vaux said that these two events will focus on celebrating a boating lifestyle and further grow the interest in boating which has boomed in recent times. The atmospheres is tipped to have a ‘festival feel’ with a range of presentations, demos, exhibits and of course entertainment.
These plans only cover the shows which are hosted by the BIA. The boating public also has many other events to schedule in for 2021. The Sanctuary Cove event which is hosted by another group is scheduled for 20-23 May and the 2021 Melbourne Boat Show which comes under the auspices of the BIA Victoria is planned for June 17-20 at Southbank. BIA Vic did a great job holding a virtual show in 2020 but no doubt both exhibitors and visitors will be looking forward to the ‘real’ event in 2021.
Other Dates to Note
In addition to the big boat shows, many of the caravan and outdoor shows scheduled around Australia also include boating. Usually they focus on fishing and trailer boats, but well worth adding to your calendar for 2021.
- 13-18 April, NSW Caravan, Camping Supershow
- 12-14 February Moreton Bay Caravan, Camping, Boating and 4×4 Expo
- 9-11 April, South Queensland Caravan, Camping, Boating and Fishing Expo
- 30 April-2 May Albury Wodonga Caravan Camping, Fish and Boat Show
- 7-9 May Cairns Home and Boat Show
That’s just a few dates and check back in with us for more updates and news.
Planning to attend a boat show and just turning up is one approach but another way is to actually be prepared. We share some hacks on attending a boat show!
- To comply with COVID-safe regulations boat shows will likely require pre-booking of tickets and numbers may have to be limited to meet the regulations at the time in that state. So stay across the shows that you’re interested in attending so you can confirm your tickets as soon as they go on sale.
- If the show advertises a pre-show list of exhibitors, review which companies will be exhibiting and what they will be showing. Many boat builders will release news of new models they will be revealing at certain shows.
- Exhibitors usually have show specials at all types of exhibitions and boat shows are no exception. To take advantage of these discounts you have to be ready to buy. If that purchase is of a boat, then having your boat loan pre-approved is a must.
- Contact Jade Boat Loans prior to the show so we can organise you a pre-approved boat loan so you are in a position to place your order at the show.
- While attending a show, ensure you have our online boat loan tools accessible on your phone. Our boat finance calculator is an essential piece of kit for all show goers as you can quickly and discretely calculate repayment estimates on different prices.
- If an exhibitor is offering a finance deal for a boat or boat and trailer package at the show, refer to our calculator for a comparison estimate or give us a call from the show for a quick quote.
It’s easy to get caught up with enthusiasm and excitement when attending shows and jump into buying and/or finance decisions on the spot. Doing some preparation beforehand may prevent post-show regret and/or a much more costly boat loan than Jade may have sourced for you.
To discuss your boat loan options simply contact Jade Boat Loans 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR MISINTERPRETATION, MISREPRESENTATIONS OR ERRORS IN THE INFORMATION AND PRODUCT DETAILS INCLUDED IN THIS ARTICLE AS SOURCED THROUGH OTHER ORGANISATIONS AND MANUFACTURERS. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS NOT PRESENTED FOR OR INTENDED AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION IN REGARD TO A FINANCIAL DECISION. IT IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. IF A READER CONSIDERS THEY MAY REQUIRE ADVICE RE THEIR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES, IT IS ADVISED THAT THEY CONSULT WITH A FINANCIAL ADVISOR.