If you’re boating dreams run to the luxury high-end market, then here’s an event for your radar – the Sovereign Island Marina Boat Show. Our team know what great opportunities boat shows present for potential buyers to see numerous vessels in the one place to inspect up close and talk price with the seller, so we’re bookmarking this as one for you to consider attending.
Sovereign Island is located in Queensland, at Paradise Point on the Southport Broadwater. So it’s within easy travel distance to the Gold Coast. The event is hosted by AMT Boat Brokerage and will feature around a cool $50 million worth of luxury international yachts on display.
We’ve sourced the information around the event and provide you with our boat show attendee tips to prepare.
Interestingly, the Sovereign Island event is being held at the same time as the Sanctuary Cove Boat Show. Great news for those travelling to Queensland especially for either event. The timing provides the opportunity to see even more boats for sale over the same few days while you’re in the sunshine state.
- Date: Thursday 20 May through to Sunday 23 May 2021
- Hours: Open 9am to 5pm each day
- Location: Sovereign Island Marina, Paradise Point (just 15 minute drive from Gold Coast)
- Cost: Free, but tickets must be secured online as per COVID-safe event hosting regulations
- Logistics: Travel by taxi, car or boat. Free car parking at the marina, plus in surrounding streets. Organisers providing pick-up service for those parking ‘beyond walking distance’.
- Book tickets: https://sovereignboatshow.com/
So what’s on display at the Sovereign Island show? Displays will be hosted both on the water at the marina and on land. On the water, expect to see up to 50 magnificent luxury vessels. On land, displays of inflatables, tenders and even supercars and hot rods are planned.
A highlight of the show is sure to the offshore race boat which is sponsored by the event hosts and will be a competitor in the Offshore Superboat Championships this year.
Refreshments will be available with cafes and restaurants operating.
Sounds like a great event and a great chance to see a large number of high-end boats in one location. With the cancellation of several other major boat shows for 2021, boat buyers will no doubt be keen to get to as many of those that are happening as possible.
With May the start of a bit of chilly weather in the southern states and Queensland currently running a major campaign to attract visitors, it could be the ideal time for an escape to the sunshine state and support Aussie tourism. Plus secure yourself the boat of your dreams. But to ensure that part of the trip goes smoothly, consider our boat show prep tips and hints.
Boat Show Preparation: Hints and Tips
Boat shows are fantastic events for those seriously interested in purchasing a new boat. You usually get to see a large number and a wide variety of boats on display all in one place. Seriously saving a heap of time having to visit multiple boat dealers to see them separately. But there are some drawbacks for the un-prepared boat show attendee. We share our advice and tips so you can be prepared and secure the boat you want.
- Consider all the information offered by show organisers and book tickets well in advance so you don’t miss out. In 2021, these types of events must be hosted according to COVID-safe rules and that includes pre-booking, even when entry is free.
- If released pre-show, review the exhibitor list and earmark those that you definitely want to see in person. If you’re particularly serious about a number of boats, contact exhibitors prior to attending and try to make an appointment time. Remember, a lot of people attend these shows and there may be others that share your keen interest in a certain boat. If you all turn up to the display at once, you may have to wait your turn. Many show exhibitors will be happy to set up appointments.
Pre-arrange your Boat finance with Jade Boat Loans
This is our key tip for a number of very solid reasons:-
- It is very easy to get swept up in the glamour and euphoria of attending boat shows. Such euphoria can overtake common sense and have buyers signing up to buy beyond the budget. If the seller offers finance, you may be caught up in the excitement and sign up to the dealer finance without having considered cheaper options, such as the competitive boat loan interest rates offered by Jade. Having your loan sourced prior to attending allows you to set your budget and ensures you have the cheapest marine finance rate.
- If the stock of the boat you want is limited, it could be a matter of first-in basis to secure the vessel. Having your secured boat loan confirmed and approved places you in an ideal pole position to place your order and commit a deposit.
- A pre-approved loans provides you with the confidence in the knowledge of which boats are within your affordability zone. Your Jade consultant sources your pre-approved boat loan based on an estimate of what you intend to pay for your boat. We negotiate with our lenders to achieve the fixed repayments to meet our customers’ budget. Saves going overboard on an over-budget purchase at an over the odds interest rate. To figure out potential repayments, use our online boat finance calculator.
- Expedite the boat delivery process by being able to buy at the show. Some boats are built or finished to customer specs. And/or the boat may need to be transported to your preferred location. A pre-approved loan can speed up the process so you take delivery sooner.
- No obligation is attached to our Jade pre-approved boat loans. So you can have it in your kit to use if the opportunity arises and if it doesn’t, no problem.
So why not put the Sovereign Island show on your radar and be prepared by speaking with Jade Boat Loans about affordable marine finance prior to attending.
Contact us on 1300 000 003 for pre-boat show lending.
DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION AND SPECIFIC DETAILS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT OF THIS ARTICLE HAVE BEEN PREPARED AND ARE PRESENTED PURELY AS GENERAL INFORMATION AND NOT INTENDED AS THE ONLY SOURCE OF FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR BOAT BUYERS AND LOAN BORROWERS. FOR THOSE THAT CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE SPECIFIC ADVICE, THEY SHOULD CONSULT WITH A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. LIABILITY IS NOT ACCEPTED IN REGARD TO ERRORS AND MISPRESENTED DATA AND DETAILS HEREIN.